My friend Angela has been visiting from New York for the past week. She brought sunshine and great cooking skills. Before her it was Andy, carpenter supreme, with a dishwasher which is a dream come true if we could only get the thing to work. Before Andy it was Robert Rotifer who came to record. Today we'll visit with Kate and Scott from Chicago in a chateau up north. Later this week our friends Peter and Karen are coming from Norfolk, bringing my goddaughter Daisy. The stork (they still have those, right?) is coming any day to bring Eric's daughter Luci a baby girl.
It's turned out to be a really nice summer. In the past few weeks I've:
- Barbq'ed in the dark
- Swam in the lake
- Taken a few long bike rides
- Admired the nice new kitchen Eric and Andy put in
- Picked basil, purple potatoes and swiss chard from a friend's garden
- Sunbathed in the courtyard for the first time since we got here
- Ate steak off the grill for Sunday lunch
- Drank pastis in the taverne of Montbrun chateau
- Cooked spaghetti at 3 AM for Gil Rose et les Hyrdropathes
- Danced to the Flamin' Groovies in an empty auberge by a river
I've found my true calling at last - slacker.